Thank you for your interest in contributing a post for StatTLC. These guidelines describe our mission, target audience, and what we are looking for in a contributed post:
The mission of this blog is to share information and ideas about the teaching and learning of statistics, biostatistics, and data science, primarily at the post-secondary level. Posts are intended to be short, informal, and easy to digest, inspiring further discussion and reflection. Topics may include teaching tips, strategies, resources, research and its implications, and teaching experiences from instructors, researchers, and teaching assistants.
Instructors and teaching assistants of (bio)statistics/data science introductory/service courses at the post-secondary level
Posts on our blog are intended to be easily digestible and read with minimal time commitment. Therefore, submissions should be about 800 to 1200 words in length.
- Submissions should include practical/implementable information for teachers of statistics to use.
- Contributors are encouraged to use a more informal tone than is expected in a typical academic journal.
- Copyright for all posts contributed to our blog remain with the author, though we do ask that our blog is acknowledged in subsequent publications.
- For any citations, APA style is preferred.
- Submissions will be reviewed by two members of our editorial team. We expect the review process to take approximately one month from submission of draft to published post.
Please send your written post as a Word document to our editorial team at: email@example.com